Copeton Northern Foreshores Upgrade 2020-2021
In 2020, Council will commence a $5.7M upgrade of Copeton Northern Foreshores, located 17km south west of Inverell. Visitation to Northern Foreshores has increased by 380% over the past 5 years. The two-year project, which is supported by the New South Wales Government, will engage local tradespeople, suppliers and upon completion, is expected to inject in excess of $5M annually to the Inverell economy
A community survey conducted in 2019 directly contributed to the design of the project and had more than 600 respondents. Key survey findings include:
- Fishing, camping and water skiing were the most popular pursuits for visitors;
- Inexpensive admission and proximity to Inverell were key reasons for visitors choosing Copeton Northern Foreshores as a recreational destination;
- Priority areas requiring an upgrade were listed as toilets, showers / laundry facilities, playground facilities, picnic facilities and kiosk.
View the Community Survey results report.
What will the project involve?
The project will deliver high quality facilities to attract families, anglers, nature enthusiasts and water sports lovers but also ensures Northern Foreshores retains the charm existing visitors enjoy.
- Works completed to date include:
- New public amenities block including showers, toilets and laundry facilities;
- Upgrade to northern concrete boat ramp;
- Network of 2km of shared paths;
- Upgraded power supply, including installation of solar power;
- Upgrade internal access roads;
- Fishing cleaning stations;
- Floating pontoon
- Storage shed and upgraded caretaker’s facilities;
- Upgraded powered caravan sites;
- Amphitheatre for live performances;
- Upgraded kiosk;
- Construction of viewing platforms.
Works to be completed in 2021 include:
- Installation of free gas BBQ facilities and picnic tables;
- Communal hall and kitchen with capacity of >100;
- Free WiFi access;
- Upgrade to northern boatramp;
- New playground facilities;
Project milestones and photos will be provided as it progresses.
Watch the latest project update clip below.
Last modified: 04-Jan-2021