Copeton Northern Foreshores Upgrade 2020-2021
In 2020, Council will commence a $5.7M upgrade of Copeton Northern Foreshores, located 17km south west of Inverell. Visitation to Northern Foreshores has increased by 380% over the past 5 years. The two-year project, which is supported by the New South Wales Government, will engage local tradespeople, suppliers and upon completion, is expected to inject in excess of $5M annually to the Inverell economy
A community survey conducted in 2019 directly contributed to the design of the project and had more than 600 respondents. Key survey findings include:
- Fishing, camping and water skiing were the most popular pursuits for visitors;
- Inexpensive admission and proximity to Inverell were key reasons for visitors choosing Copeton Northern Foreshores as a recreational destination;
- Priority areas requiring an upgrade were listed as toilets, showers / laundry facilities, playground facilities, picnic facilities and kiosk.
View the Community Survey results report.
What will the project involve?
The project will deliver high quality facilities to attract families, anglers, nature enthusiasts and water sports lovers but also ensures Northern Foreshores retains the charm existing visitors enjoy.
- New public amenities block including showers, toilets and laundry facilities;
- BBQ facilities and picnic tables, including camp kitchen;
- Upgraded bitumen and concrete boat ramps;
- Upgraded power supply, including installation of solar power;
- Upgraded car parking, internal access roads and entrance;
- New playground facilities;
- Walking tracks and cycling paths;
- Outdoor gym;
- Fishing cleaning stations;
- Upgraded signage and wayfinding information;
- Floating pontoon
- Storage shed and upgraded caretaker’s facilities;
- Upgraded powered caravan sites;
- Upgraded kiosk;
- Viewing platforms.
Project milestones and photos will be provided as it progresses.
Last modified: 10-Jan-2020