Hire the Inverell Town Hall
The Inverell Town Hall is Inverell’s Premier Cultural and Performance Theatre/Venue. It is available for hire, subject to Council’s approval, for the conduct of Cultural Events and Performances, Meetings, Conferences and other low-risk events as determined by Council. The approval for the hire of the Town Hall is at Council’s sole discretion.
An Inverell Town Hall Hire Application Form MUST be completed by every applicant/organisation wishing to utilize the hall. The Hire Application Form can also be obtained from Council’s Administration Office, 144 Otho Street, Inverell 2360, by phoning (02) 6728 8288.
Upon review of your application, you will be advised in writing of the outcome and should your booking be approved a quote will be provided. If your booking is approved, you are required to read and understand and sign a Town Hall Hire Agreement.
Fees & Charges
Fees are fixed annually by Council at the end of each financial year. A Security Deposit applies to ALL events and is to be paid at the time of returning the Hire Agreement. The bond is refundable following an inspection of the hall by Council staff and is subject to deduction for the cost of any damage which may occur to the hall or equipment as a result of the use of the hall. A deduction may also be made if the hall is not left in the same condition as it was at the commencement of hiring.
Further, the bond is only fully refunded if the hall is left in a clean and tidy state after hiring and the keys/swipe card returned. Any tentative booking for which a deposit has not been paid, may without notice, be superseded by a booking for which a deposit is offered. The balance of any outstanding hire fees is to be paid 10 days prior to the event.
The Inverell Town Hall Site Plan provides the layout and a key of hireable areas within the hall. The Hall seats a total of 502. Consisting of 435 in the Main Hall, 92 in the Gallery, 200 in retractable seating, 140-floor seating and 70 in the Annex. View the Inverell Town Hall Capacity Seating Plan.
The amenities in the hall are located in the foyer. There are three (3) male toilets, four (4) female toilets, and one (1) disabled access toilet. There are also two (2) toilets located backstage, one (1) adjoining each change room.
The Town Hall also offers the following facilities (fees may apply):
- Tables & chairs – There are 50 tables and 210 chairs available for set up to meet your own needs, subject to regulations.
- Kitchen – The kitchen contains a “Bain Marie”, gas cookers, refrigerator, freezer, zip hot water system, microwave, and dishwasher. Crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils are NOT provided. Fees apply.
- Airconditioning – Air-conditioning of the Hall, Annex, North Lodge and or South Lodge is available. Fees apply.
- Coolroom/Bar – Facilities include temprite and coolroom. The Bar has a double door fridge, dishwasher, sink, and microwave. Organisation of supplies including staff, beer, gas and plastic cups etc is the responsibility of the hirer. Fees apply.
- Grand Piano/tuning – The Grand Piano and tuning is available for events. Fees apply.
- Lighting Desk & PA System – The lighting desk and PA system are available for events.
- Rehearsals/Set Up and Decorating – Arrangements can be made for preparations or rehearsals prior to an event, or for removal of equipment after an event. Care is to be taken when decorating to avoid damage, no adhesive tape is permitted to be used. There a four (4) pinboards on wheels available at the Hall for this purpose. Fees apply.
The hirer may be required to have public liability insurance for a minimum amount of $10M. A copy of the Policy must be provided to Council if requested. (Note: Casual Hirers Liability Insurance is available to any person, or group of persons (not being a sporting body, club, association, corporation or incorporated body), who hire the hall for non-commercial or non-profit making purposes, less frequently than once per calendar month or twelve times per the calendar year).
Food and Drink
If Liquor is being consumed, an application for a Liquor Licence must be completed and submitted to the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing at least 28 days prior to the proposed event. Food and Drink are not to be consumed in the tiered seating or gallery areas with the exception of bottled water, bottled or canned soft drink, lollies or chips. Hirers will be responsible for the payment of additional cleaning charges if food or drink is spilled on the tiered seating or gallery chairs and carpet which requires additional cleaning. Hot beverages and liquor are not to be consumed in the tiered seating or gallery areas.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the hall is in a clean and tidy state and furniture is returned to the position in which they were stored at the commencement of hire. Council staff will inspect the hall before and after the event. In most cases, sweeping of the floor will be adequate. However, if the floor has been badly soiled, it may be necessary for it to be mopped.
|Inverell Town Hall Application Form||[1 Mb]|
|Fees and Charges||[1.6 Mb]|
|Inverell Town Hall Site Plan||[1 Mb]|
|Inverell Town Hall Capacity Seating Plan||[1 Mb]|