Change of Owner / Details
To ensure that the Statewide Register works effectively, the contact information of a pet owner must remain as current as possible.
If you change your contact details, or in the instance that you sell or give away your pet to a new owner, it is your responsibility to contact Inverell Shire Council immediately so that we can amend this information on the Register.
The responsibility to change ownership details falls onto the person selling or giving away the cat or dog. Failure to do so may result in a fine.
Please contact Inverell Shire Council’s Administration Centre on (02) 6728 8200 for a Change of Owner/Details Form.
In the interests of maintaining an accurate NSW Companion Animals Register, owners are asked to please notify the Inverell Shire Council about deceased animals.
- Information required to update the records includes:
- The pet’s microchip identification number;
- Owner’s name and address;
- Approximate date that the animal died;
Please forward this information by using one of the following avenues:
- Visit: Inverell Shire Council Administration Center at 144 Otho Street, Inverell NSW 2360
- Mail: Inverell Shire Council
PO Box 138
Inverell NSW 2360
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by phone: (02) 6728 8200.