Street Flags & Banners
Inverell Shire Council may give approval for the community to display organisation/event banners and street flags throughout Inverell CBD, subject to the below guidelines:
- Banners and street flags may only be displayed by the community and charitable organisations, service clubs and sporting clubs;
- The event being promoted must be for community benefit or participation;
- Banners or street flags may be displayed for up to two (2) weeks prior to the event and removed on the first working day after the event. The display time prior to the event may be varied depending on the number of events held each year;
- The banners or street flags will be installed and removed by Council at no cost to the organisation;
- Any damaged banners or street flags will be removed by Council and returned to the owners; and
- The organisation providing the banners or street flags are to have relevant Public Liability Insurance covering the display.
To make an application to display street flags or banner please download and complete the Display of Street Flags and/or Banner Over Street Application Form and return it to the Council Administration Center at 144 Otho Street, Inverell or by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Council on (02) 6728 8288 should you require any further information.
Street flags are displayed in Byron Street and Otho Street, Inverell. Should you wish to have your street flags on display please ensure they comply with the below specifications.
- There are 28 Flag Poles;
- The size of the flags should be 1m x 3m; and
- There should be a 50mm pocket along the top edge and a flag clip or eyelet on the bottom left corner.
Flags are to be delivered to the Council Administration Centre, 144 Otho Street, a minimum of two (2) business days prior to the requested display dates.
Following the conclusion of the display, you will be advised when the flags are ready for collection.
Banners are displayed over Otho Street (near the junction of Evans Street), and Byron Street (near McDonalds & 2NZ). Should you wish to have your banner on display please ensure they comply with the below specifications.
- The banner is to be between 800mm and 1200mm high, between 8 and 12 metres long, with one line of lettering between 700mm and 1100mm high;
- Rope to be threaded through the top and bottom of the banner; NO eyelets; and
- The banner should be double-sided.
Banners are to be delivered to the Council Administration Centre, 144 Otho Street, a minimum of two (2) business days prior to the requested display dates.
Following the conclusion of the display, you will be advised when the banner is ready for collection.
Please note: Council will endeavour to display banners and flags for the requested dates. If the requested dates conflict with another application, Council will negotiate a compromise for both parties. Please contact Council on (02) 6728 8288 as early as possible to secure your display dates.