Public Swimming Pools
The Public Health Act and Public Health Regulation set out specific requirements for occupiers of premises containing public swimming pools and spa pools and there are offences for non compliance. An occupier of premises at which a public swimming pool and/or public spa pool is located is required to:
- Notify Council of their existence;
- Ensure that the primary disinfectant is either chlorine or bromine;
- Ensure that the public pool is fitted with either an automated or a continuous metered disinfectant dosing system;
- Ensure that the public pool complies with the specified levels of bromine and chlorine, pH and alkalinity, and meets testing and record keeping requirements. These requirements are set out in detail in Schedule 1 of the Regulation;
- Ensure that all aspects of the Act and Regulation that relate to public swimming pools and spa pools are complied with.
Last modified 16-Dec-2019