Council is constantly monitoring the situation as well as taking advice from the Australian and New South Wales governments to respond appropriately to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Residents are urged to follow the NSW rules for gatherings that apply to individuals and businesses and recommended protocols for social distancing. Residents are also urged to get tested if you have any symptoms, even if they are mild.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Where to get vaxxed
77 Byron Street | Inverell NSW 2360
Bookings: Phone 02 6722 2639
Vaccine : All Vaccines
152 Otho Street | Inverell NSW 2360
Bookings: Phone 02 6721 0634
Vaccine: Pfizer (18+ Only)
Ross Street Surgery
4 Ross Street | Inverell NSW 2360
Bookings: Phone 02 6721 2763
Inverell Medical Centre
113 Swanbrook Road | Inverell NSW 2360
Bookings: Phone 02 6722 2855
Vaccine: Pfizer & Bivalent BA45
132 – 134 Byron Street | Inverell NSW 2360
Bookings: Phone 02 6722 3146
Mondays: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
St Elmo Medical Practice
27 Oliver Street | Inverell NSW 2360
Vaccine: Astra Zeneca, Pfizer & Novavax
75 Otho Street | Inverell NSW 2360
Bookings: Phone 02 6722 3377
Patients only – Limited stock
Vaccine Eligibility Checker
Check what COVID-19 vaccines are available to you by visiting the Australian Government’s Vaccine Eligibility Checker here.
Answer some questions to check when you can get a COVID-19 vaccination, find out where, and book an appointment. You can do this for yourself or another person.
In support of the NSW Government’s push to combat the virus by increasing vaccination rates, Council encourages residents to get vaccinated.
At the Ordinary Council meeting in August 2021, Councillors agreed that an 80 per cent vaccination rate is our pathway away from lockdown, which will be both an economic and social boost to the community.
Councillors also pledged to lobby the Federal Government for the establishment of mobile vaccination clinic to visit the shire’s small communities. Read more in our media release.
- – Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Services| 1800 512 348
- – Over 70’s Coronavirus Helpline| 1800 171 866 | Open 8.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday | Offering practical help and advice on the current guidelines and support available.
- – Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN)| 1800 237 981 | Open 6.00am to 10.00pm, 7 days a week | The COVID-19 Information Line is available for seniors to talk about COVID-19 concerns.
- – Coronavirus Disability Information Helpline| 1800 643 787 | Open 8.00am to 8.00pm, Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 7.00pm, Saturday and Sunday.
- – Lifeline| 13 11 14
- – Kids Helpline| 1800 551 800
- – Business Assistance (Service NSW)| 13 77 88 or https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/campaign/covid-19-help-businesses | Phone line is available 24/7
Last modified: 06-June-2023