Please visit Council’s Administration Centre (144 Otho Street, Inverell) to submit cemetery applications. Your application will be given a preliminary check for correct completion and a receipt will be issued for the payment of relevant fee’s.
|Cemetery Application Forms|
|Application to erect a Memorial or Headstone Form||[22 Kb]|
|Cemetery Application for Perpetual Interment Right (Reservation)||[104 Kb]|
|Cemetery Fees 2019/20||[14 Kb]|
PUBLIC CEMETERY APPLICATION FORMS
Please refer to the sections below for information and conditions relating to these relevant applications:
- Application for a Perpetual Interment Right (Reservation):
This application should be completed by an applicant that seeks to acquire a perpetual interment right at any of Council’s public cemeteries.
Perpetual Interment Right application fees must be paid in full at time of application.
Following receipt of completed application form and appropriate fees Council will issue a certificate of perpetual right to the nominated right holder/s stating all the details of the site such as row and grave number etc. Council advises that this certificate should be kept for your records.
- Application to Erect a Memorial or Headstone:
This application should be completed by an applicant who wishes to erect a headstone or memorial on a specific grave/niche within any of Council’s public cemeteries.
- Appropriate fees are to be paid in full at the time the application is lodged details of the headstone, such as size and the material the headstone is made of, need to be provided with the application. Headstones/Memorials in the New General Lawn Section are to be erected in accordance with “Council’s Memorial Specifications”
- Following receipt of completed application form and appropriate fees Council will issue approval in writing.
Any other Cemetery Application enquires should be directed to Council’s Civil & Environmental Services Division on 02 6728 8200, Staff will assist with enquiries such as the following:
- Transfer of Perpetual Rights (Reservations)
- Cancellation of Perpetual Rights
- Interment Applications
- Confirmation of Perpetual Rights
- Cemetery Record Enquiries (see information below also)
Burial records within the Inverell Shire are now accessible to the public via Council online Cemetery Register.
The register covers ashes interments and burials within the Inverell Shire. This register will be updated monthly with new ashes interments and burials plus any amendments/additional information received.
Please be advised that this register is a work in progress. Records are being added as they are verified with the records Council maintains. If you have any queries with the register, please contact Council’s Civil and Environmental Services Department on (02) 6728 8200.