Council owned sports grounds
Eucalypt Drive, Inverell
Facilities include Hockey/touch fields, football/soccer fields, cricket ovals (turf wicket), sealed netball courts, 3 amenities blocks, changerooms/showers, 3 canteens, lights for night-time sport and a PA system.
During 2016-17, Council will undertook an upgrade the Sporting Complex to include installation of grandstand seating, field lighting, and a new clubhouse facility.
|Inverell Sporting Complex|
|Club House hire rates and terms||[717Kb]|
|Athletics Facility Design Paper||[5Mb]|
Cnr Lawrence and Evans Street, Inverell.
Varley Oval is a fully fenced oval. Facilities include turf wicket & sight screens, electronic scoreboard, practice nets, athletics track (upon request), long jump pit (upon request), amenities, changerooms/showers, clubhouse/function room, spectator seating, lights for night-time sport and a PA system.
Cnr Henderson and Lawrence Street, Inverell.
Facilities include cricket pitch and amenities.
Cnr Cameron and Medora Street, Inverell.
Facilities include two synthetic cricket pitches, practice nets, amenities, a fenced outdoor gym and play equipment.
Hiring a Sports ground
An application to hire a Council-owned sports ground can be made by downloading and completing the Sports Ground Usage Application form below.
|Sports ground Usage Application Form||[572Kb]|
|Map - Inverell's sporting facilities||[5Mb]|
Please take the time to understand the conditions of hire below:
- Grounds are not to be used during wet weather.
- All rubbish/litter is to be cleared from grounds and surrounding areas.
- Toilets and change rooms are to be kept clean, tidy and free of litter.
- No vehicles are to be driven on the ground.
- Council is to be notified within two (2) business days if the field was not used.
- Sporting clubs/organisations will be charged for the use of field lighting according to the amount of time booked.
Submit the completed application form to Council by returning the form to the Administration Centre at 144 Otho Street, Inverell or by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.