An application to hire a Council-owned sports ground can be made by downloading and completing the Sports Ground Usage Application form below.
|Form: Sports Ground Usage Application [572KB]|
|Map: Inverell’s sporting facility locations [5MB]|
Please take the time to understand the conditions of hire below:
- Grounds are not to be used during wet weather.
- All rubbish/litter is to be cleared from grounds and surrounding areas.
- Toilets and change rooms are to be kept clean, tidy and free of litter.
- No vehicles are to be driven on the ground.
- Council is to be notified within two (2) business days if the field was not used.
- Sporting clubs/organisations will be charged for the use of field lighting according to the amount of time booked.
Council owned Sports Grounds
Eucalypt Drive, Inverell
Facilities include Hockey/touch fields, football/soccer fields, cricket ovals (turf wicket), sealed netball courts, 3 amenities blocks, changerooms/showers, 3 canteens, lights for night-time sport and a PA system.
During 2016-17, Council will undertake an upgrade the Sporting Complex to include installation of grandstand seating, field lighting and a new clubhouse facility.
|Club House Hire Rates and Terms [717KB]|
|Athletics Facility Design Paper|
Cnr Lawrence and Evans Street, Inverell.
Varley Oval is a fully fenced oval. Facilities include turf wicket & sight screens, electronic scoreboard, practice nets, athletics track (upon request), long jump pit (upon request), amenities, changerooms/showers, clubhouse/function room, spectator seating, lights for night-time sport and a PA system.
Cnr Henderson and Lawrence Street, Inverell.
Facilities include cricket pitch and amenities.
Cnr Cameron and Medora Street, Inverell.
Facilities include two synthetic cricket pitches, practice nets, amenities, a fenced outdoor gym and play equipment.