Destination 1 – Recognised Leadership
A recognised leader in the broader context. Giving priority to the recognition of the shire as a vital component of the New England North West region through regional leadership.
What does it mean?
Inverell Shire is vital to the sustainability and growth of the New England North West Region. The Shire is linked to the Region through shared environmental, social, and economic systems and structures. The Shire will play a critical and energetic role in maintaining these structures and obtaining an equitable development of the New England North West region.
Why is it important?
This community must be proactive in forging a prominent position for itself within the Region. With this enhanced position in the Region comes a responsibility for displaying regional leadership. Through the use of its advocacy role, the Shire can positively benefit other linked population centres in the Region.
How will we know when we are reaching our destination?
- Inverell Shire is recognised as a member of the trinity of commercial, education, health and lifestyle centres of the New England North West Region.
- Local Government, health, education and government support services and infrastructure are provided at levels equal to or better than major regional centres.
- Inverell Shire is promoted and distinguished regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Inverell exhibits the qualities of and operates as one of the three principal centres of the New England North West area as reflected by its strong economic, cultural and social diversity.
- Villages offer a range of district level services and lifestyles reflective of their historic traditions.
- Inverell Shire positively influences policy on rural and regional growth.
- Provide access to services in the Shire equivalent to or better than that in other major regional areas.
- Council ensures it is able to provide resources to effectively deliver its Strategy and Programs.
- Council is recognised for and distinguished by its management, innovation and customer service.
- Council leads the community by influencing and participating in policy development to the benefit of the Shire through partnerships and alliances with government, regional interests, Shire groups and communities.