Inverell Rugby Union Club To Receive New Ride-On Lawn Mower
29 June 2023
THE Sapphire Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund has awarded funding of just under $100,000 to 11 Local organisations under round 1 of 2023.
Twice a year, Sapphire Wind Farm invites local community organisations to submit applications for a share of funding that can be used on equipment and infrastructure purchases, repairs and renovations, and programs and events.
The Inverell Rugby Union Club were amongst the 11 successful applicants, having received funding towards the cost of a new ride-on lawn mower.
President of the Inverell Rugby Club, Ross Fuller has thanked the Sapphire Wind Farm after they were awarded $20,000 in the first round of 2023.
“The Inverell Highlanders would like to sincerely thank the Sapphire Wind Farm for their ongoing support of the club. This grant program is a great contribution to the community and all the fantastic volunteers working to help others.
The funds will be used to buy a new mower to maintain the grounds at Rugby Park. The mower we have been able to purchase makes for a much safer and more effective use of volunteer effort in maintaining our facility.
The old mower has done the job for 15 years, the last 5 under protest. It stops regularly, chews through belts and tries to buck you off in the 4-hour job. With the help of local business Motor Mecca and the wind farm we now have a mower that only stops for fuel, feels like riding a cloud and services the whole site in half the time.
Inverell Rugby Park is used by many community groups throughout the year and hundreds of keen Rugby Union players through winter. All these groups will benefit from the easier maintenance.”
The following organisations received funding under Round 1 of 2023:
- > Inverell Junior Cricket Association – Cricket Equipment – $4,943.00
- > Inverell Sunrise CWA – Laptop and Catering Equipment – $3,548.00
- > National Transport Museum – Update of Website – $4,000
- > Inverell Rugby Union Club – Ride-on Lawn Mower – $20,000
- > Inverell Basketball Association – Equipment / Uniforms – $3,194.57
- > Inverell RSM Bowling Club – Upgrade to Exterior Lighting – $4,973.00
- > Conservatorium Support Group Inc – Purchase of Musical Instruments – $10,894.03
- > BCI Gymnastics – lighting upgrade, Gymnasium equipment – $11,000
- > Inverell Uniting Church – Restoration of Heritage Pipe Organ – $22,000
- > Eat Drink Live New England – Celebrity Guests – Eat Drink Live 2023 – $12,000
- > Inverell Cycle Club – Grafton to Inverell Finish Line Festival – $9,000
Round 2 of the Sapphire Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund opens on 14 August, 2023. To find out more information visit https://inverell.nsw.gov.au/building-and-development/wind-farms/sapphire-wind-farm-community-fund/ Or call Council on (02) 67288 288.
For further information contact:
Inverell Shire Council | PO Box 138 | Inverell NSW 2360 02 6728 8221 | email@example.com