A Construction Certificate is required in addition to a Development Application for any development involving building or subdivision works.
Such applications may be lodged and processed concurrently with Development Applications. A Construction Certificate Application is seeking building approval. Either Council or an accredited Private Certifier can issue a Construction Certificate as the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA).
Applications for a Construction Certificate will require:
- A copy of the plans submitted with the DA;
- At least one detailed cross section showing construction details such as roof trusses;
- Details of provisions for fire safety and resistance (if any);
- Window size schedule;
- Structural engineer’s details of any footing, concrete slab or proposed retaining walls requiring approval;
- Details of proposed insulation (including R rating); and
- Specification details.
To lodge a Construction Certificate Application with Council you will need to complete the Development, Building and Subdivision Application Form ensuring you:
- Check the box next to Construction Certificate,
- Complete sections A-F, and
- Make sure all the property owners have signed the form under Section B.
Once you have your plans, costs and supporting information together Council staff can provide you with a fee quote prior to lodgement by telephoning (02) 6728 8200.
|Construction Certificate Fact Sheet||[24Kb]|
|Principal Certifying Authority Sign||[192Kb]|