Town Centre Renewal Plan Update
A comprehensive report in relation to the Town Centre Renewal Plan was considered by Council at its Ordinary Meeting held 25 June, 2014. It was resolved that:
1. TOWN CENTRE RENEWAL PLAN (S30.11.4) - 68/14 RESOLVED (Johnston/Castledine) that:
1. The enhancement concepts, contained in the draft Town Centre Renewal Plan (TCRP) be adopted for the purpose of guiding the future development of the town centre subject to the following amendments:
i) The proposal for the 'Christmas Tree' planting in the roundabout on the corner of Otho and Byron Street be deleted from the Plan, and
ii) That a trial of the proposed new street furniture suite be undertaken in Evans Street,
2. Staff prepare, for Council's consideration, an initial implementation plan that identifies:
i) Those components of the concept that may be undertaken in the short term,
ii) Those components that will require detailed design and preparation and therefore undertaken in the medium to longer term, and
iii) Cost estimates associated with the implementation of the short term enhancement works.
3. The ongoing role of the TCRP Sunset Committee be confirmed on the basis of assisting Council with the implementation of the enhancement concept.
A copy of the full Destination Report - Town Centre Renewal Plan that was considered by Council is available for your information.
Council has also recently received two artist sketch impressions of the proposed treatments associated with the TCRP. A copy of the sketches and the media release accompanying them can be viewed below. Please note that to view the sketch, Chrome or Internet Explorer is required.
- Media Release - How the Inverell CBD would look if renewal plan goes ahead.
- Vision Sketch - Byron Street - Byron street, looking northeast from Byron Street intersection.
- Vision Sketch - Otho Street - Otho street, looking northwest towards the Byron Street intersection.
- Report Cover - January 2014
- Inverell Town Centre Renewal Plan - v5
- Appendix A - Minutes of Meeting with Town Centre Renewal Plan Sunset Committee
- Appendix B - Technical Advice
- Appendix C - Analysis of Shared Space Post Construction Performance - Port Macquarie NSW
- Appendix D - Street Tree Species Sheet (from Flemings Tree Guide)
- Appendix E - Street Furniture Suite
- Appendix F - Exhibit 1 - Urban Analysis
- Appendix F - Exhibit 2 - Key Recommendations
- Appendix F - Exhibit 3 - Typical Main Street Treatment
- Appendix F - Exhibit 4 - Median Treatment
- Appendix F - Exhibit 5 - Cultural Precinct
- Plane Tree Management Report - April 2016
- Tree Report - April 2012
- Plane Tree Damage Photos - March 2016
- Plane Tree Damage Photos
Please download Frequently Asked Questions for your information.
Making an Online Submission
Please note that Council publications are available in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Abobe Acrobat to open. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from the Adobe website www.adobe.com. Adobe Acrobat software has an embeded 'screen reader' which can read aloud the text in most PDF files and is available for free at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html.