HOW DO I JOIN?
Persons living in the area:
18 Years Old and Over:
- Please present two forms of identification with your name and address to library staff when completing your application form, for immediate access to services
- If you have only one form of identification with your name and address your library card will be posted out to you. You will be able to use your card as soon as you receive it in the mail.
Under 18 Years Old:
- If you live with a guardian library staff require your guardian to be present when you join the library.
- The process is the same as above with the guardian’s details and signature required on the membership form.
- If you live independently the guidelines listed for persons 18 years and over apply.
Visitors to the local area:
- Visitors who are members of their local NSW Public Library are able to apply for a reciprocal membership, upon confirmation of their membership status at their home library.
- Other visitors may apply for a visitor membership which requires the payment of a $20.00 deposit which is refunded when the membership is cancelled (provided there are no outstanding loans or fines on the card).
- Proof of your permanent/home address and proof that you are staying in the area for at least one week may be required e.g. receipt from an accommodation provider, statement from a current library member if you are on holidays with friends or family members who live in the area.
- The reciprocal or visitor membership expires after 6 months.
- Where applicable, the deposit must be collected within the 6 months otherwise it will be retained by Council.
Special membership categories
- We also have Teacher memberships and Corporate memberships.
- These memberships must be renewed annually and have special requirements.
- Please ask library staff for more information about these memberships.
What can I borrow?
Library members may borrow a maximum of 20 items at one time, these items can be borrowed for three weeks.
Fines are charged if items are returned late. Library materials that are lost, damaged or not returned must be paid for by the borrower.
Items can be renewed no more than two times. This can be done in person, over the phone or via the Library Catalogue. If an item is reserved it can not be renewed and must be returned by the due date. An after-hours chute is available at the front of the Inverell branch.
Special loan limits apply to Visitors.