Library News and Events
- Baby Bounce & Storytime sessions are held each week for children and their parents to attend. Visit our For The Kids page for more information.
- Event Calendar - September 2017
- Library School Holiday Program - September 2017
- Please be advised that food & beverages will be supplied by the Library at some of the holiday sessions. Library staff are unable to monitor what every child eats. Children with significant allergies or food intolerances who book in for these sessions should be supervised by a parent or guardian. If the child is old enough to know what foods to avoid on their own the library officer should still be advised of the issue to assist in preventing any allergy-related problems.
Supervision of 6-17 year olds
- Parental supervision is not compulsory for 6-17 year olds during school holidays sessions, but it is recommended in the case of the younger children in this age bracket, or if a child is likely to become distracted or disruptive.
- Library staff will do their utmost to monitor attending children, but consideration must be given to the fact that the Library is a public place, and, unlike a childcare facility, children are not locked inside.
- It is expected that parents explain to their children prior to attending any of these sessions that they are not to leave the building until they are picked up by a parent or guardian.
- Activities that require materials to be purchased by the library will incur a charge.
- The charge will be minimal and implemented on a cost recovery basis.
Please note that Council publications are available in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Abobe Acrobat to open. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from the Adobe website www.adobe.com. Adobe Acrobat software has an embeded 'screen reader' which can read aloud the text in most PDF files and is available for free at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html.