Managing waste is one of the greatest environmental issues facing the community today. Inverell Shire Council’s Waste Management Services aim to provide a safe, reliable and economic solid waste collection and disposal service, which meet modern environmental standards by:
- Providing a once weekly domestic kerb-side garbage collection for residents located within designated areas;
- Providing a user pay, twice weekly, commercial collection facility for businesses;
- Providing a fortnightly recyclable collection service for residents located within designated areas; and
- Providing for the disposal of domestic waste, recycling and commercial waste at the garbage facilities.
Council has also recently purchased a number of Butt Out Bins which will distributed throughout the CBD area in order to minimise the damage cigarette butts cause on our town.
WASTE COLLECTION DAYS
To find out your garbage or recycling collection day, please view the below maps and Recycling Collection Calendar.
|Inverell Township:||General Waste||Recycling|
|Northern Regions:||General Waste||Recycling|
|Southern Regions:||General Waste||Recycling|
|Eastern Regions:||General Waste||Recycling|
|Western Regions:||General Waste||Recycling|
|Recycling Calendar:||Recycling Calendar|
- Inverell Landfill Phone Number: (02) 67213546
- Inverell Waste Depot: [Inverell Depot Hours]
- Ashford Landfill
- Delungra Landfill: [Delungra landfill hours]
- Bonshaw Landfill
- Yetman Landfill (locked site – residents only permitted by key access)
INVERELL’S WASTE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
Please download Inverell’s Waste Management Strategy for further information.
Recycling is an important disposal method adopted by Council, it ensures that there is minimal waste going into landfills.
Council’s Recycling page provides various recycling information, including on our Community Recycling Centre, Drum Muster, chemical collection and recycling at Home, school and work.
ORDER, REPLACE OR REPAIR A BIN
To order, replace or repair a bin, please contact Council either in person at the Administration Centre, via phone on (02) 6728 8288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively the Garbage Bin Purchase form can be completed and brought into the Council Administration Centre for processing along with the required fee.
For your information download the Replacing and Repairing Garbage or Recycling Bins flyer.
|Form: Garbage Bin Purchase – Depot Collection|
|Form: Garbage Bin Purchase – Delivery within Inverell Township|