Pesticide Use Notification Plan
This Pesticide Use Notification Plan has been prepared in accordance with the requirements of Pesticides Regulation 2009 (the Regulation).
Pesticides (e.g. herbicides) are used by Inverell Shire Council to control noxious weeds and other unwanted vegetative material on roadsides and other public lands under Council’s jurisdiction. Pesticides (e.g. termiticides, rodenticides) are also used from time to time to treat white ant and other insect/vermin problems in Council buildings and other structures.
This Plan sets out how Inverell Shire Council will notify members of the community of such pesticide applications.
The aim of this Plan is to fulfill the general right of the community in the Inverell Shire region to be aware of pesticides applied by Council staff or other accredited persons contracted by Council. The Plan explains how Council will notify the community of pesticide applications undertaken in public places. This Plan allows members of the community, if they wish, to avoid such public places where pesticides are applied.
The Plan describes:
- Which public places are covered by the Plan;
- Persons most likely to use public places and an estimate of level of use;
- How and when Council will provide the community with information regarding pesticide applications in public places;
- How the community can access this Plan and obtain more information regarding notification arrangements;
- How future reviews of this Plan will be undertaken;
- Contact details for anyone wishing to discuss aspects of this Plan.
|Pesticide Use Notification Plan 2017-2020 [131Kb]|
|Notice of Intended Pesticide Application – 15 January 2018 – 23 February 2018|
For more information contact the Council on 02 6728 8288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.