Section 68 Approvals

Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993 requires that a person obtain Council approval for a variety of works. A list of the most common approvals sought from Council is provided below: 

- Install a manufactured home, moveable dwelling or associated structure on land
- Operate a caravan park or camping ground
- Operate a manufactured home estate
- Install a domestic oil or solid fuel heating appliance
- Install or operate amusement devices
- Use a standing vehicle or any article for the purpose of selling any article in a public place
- Carry out water supply, sewerage or storm water work
- Transport waste over or under a public place
- Install and/or operate a system of sewage management

Applications for Operation of an Onsite Sewage Management System will require:

- Full specifications of the proposed system; and
- Site plan showing location of system and disposal area

Further information can be obtained by contacting Council’s Building Surveyors on (02) 6728 8200.