A Construction Certificate is required in addition to a Development Application for any development involving building or subdivision works. Such applications may be lodged and processed concurrently with Development Applications. A Construction Certificate Application is seeking building approval. Either Council or an accredited Private Certifier can issue a Construction Certificate as the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA).
Applications for a Construction Certificate will require:
- A copy of the plans submitted with the DA;
- At least one detailed cross section showing construction details such as roof trusses;
- Details of provisions for fire safety and resistance (if any);
- Window size schedule;
- Structural engineer’s details of any footing, concrete slab or proposed retaining walls requiring approval;
- Details of proposed insulation (including R rating); and
- Specification details.
|Fact Sheet - Construction Certificates|
|Principal Certifying Authority Sign|
Please note that Council publications are available in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Abobe Acrobat to open. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from the Adobe website www.adobe.com. Adobe Acrobat software has an embeded 'screen reader' which can read aloud the text in most PDF files and is available for free at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html.