An application to hire a Council-owned sportsground can be made by downloading and completing the Sportsground Usage Application form below.
|Sportsground Usage Application Form|
Please take the time to understand the conditions of hire below:
1. Grounds are not to be used during wet weather.
2. All rubbish/litter is to be cleared from grounds and surrounding areas.
3. Toilets and change rooms are to be kept clean, tidy and free of litter.
4. No vehicles are to be driven on the ground.
5. Council is to be notified within two (2) business days if the field was not used.
6. Sporting clubs/organisations will be charged for the use of field lighting according to the amount of time booked.
Facilities include Hockey/touch fields, football/soccer fields, cricket ovals (turf wicket), sealed netball courts, 3 amenities blocks, changerooms/showers, 3 canteens, lights for night-time sport and a PA system.
During 2016-17, Council will undertake an upgrade the Sporting Complex to include installation of grandstand seating, field lighting and a new clubhouse facility.
Varley Oval is a fully fenced oval. Facilities include turf wicket & sight screens, electronic scoreboard, practice nets, athletics track (upon request), long jump pit (upon request), amenities, changerooms/showers, clubhouse/function room, spectator seating, lights for night-time sport and a PA system.
Facilities include cricket pitch and amenities.
Facilities include two synthetic cricket pitches, practice nets, amenities, a fenced outdoor gym and play equipment.
For more information on Council-owned and other local sportsgrounds, please visit our Community Website.
Please note that Council publications are available in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Abobe Acrobat to open. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from the Adobe website www.adobe.com. Adobe Acrobat software has an embeded 'screen reader' which can read aloud the text in most PDF files and is available for free at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html.